It’s seldom a decision people make lightly, but if you and your partner have decided to separate, you’ll know that it does come with serious emotional and financial costs. A financial separation agreement is one way to ease the stress and expense.
A Binding Financial Agreement, is a simple and convenient way to formalise the end of a marriage or a de facto relationship, at least from a financial perspective. It allows you to document what you think would be a fair and reasonable property settlement instead of leaving that decision up to the courts.
Our Property settlement kit deals with all the usual issues you may face when dividing financial resources, such as ownership of real estate, personal property (cars, furniture, etc), superannuation entitlements, shares, debt, spousal maintenance etc.
Other common property settlement issues include
- whether one party will pay financial support (spousal maintenance) to the other, which would be in addition to child support;
- how to deal with savings, share portfolios, and other investments;
- how to deal with future windfalls or an inheritance;
- how to determine who retains ownership of furniture and household goods if agreement cannot be reached;
- clarifying who is responsible for certain debts or liabilities;
- clarifying ownership or control of family businesses, companies and trust accounts.
Matters relating to children are best resolved by mutual agreement in separate documents, such as a Parenting Plan or Child Support Agreement. We explain why in these FAQ’s.
Some of these issues may seem a little daunting at first, but given the right template to start, some sample clauses and a little guidance, you will be surprised how straight forward it actually is.
We’ve developed our unique process over several years, and our Australian Legal team will ensure you have a compliant financial separation agreement that provides the sound legal protection you seek.
This includes the mandatory Legal Advice that you MUST receive before signing your financial agreement. Make sure you click on the Legal Advice tab above to get the full story on this before you make your purchase.
Our unique process gives you the tools and the confidence you need to finalise your property settlement with a minimum of stress.
We will show you what you need to do, and explain why you need to do it, so your agreement will be strong and stand the test of time.
Our role in the Peaceful Path to Settlement doesn’t stop once you download the agreement. We are your safety net and guiding hand.
Let’s take a quick look at the Peaceful Path process.
You need one kit per couple.
In the second step, you and your partner add the material facts to the agreement, the building blocks, the things you know about your personal situation – what you own, what you owe and how it will be divided.
In the third step, we’re going to help you to caress those basic building blocks into a robust agreement that the lawyers will quickly understand and be able to advise you efficiently.
This is a unique part of our service that opens the door to the Fixed Price Legal Advice. You won’t find this anywhere else.
In the fourth step you will purchase the Legal Advice for just $1390 for both parties (in most cases). Your lawyer will review your agreement to ensure it;
- meets your needs and future plans
- complies with the Family Law Act and
- will be fully enforceable in the family court.
And finally, in step 5 you sign your Agreement and store it safely away.
In a nutshell – we work with you from start to finish. From the moment you download your agreement to the final signature. We know our stuff, our systems are finely tuned and our customers love us for it!
At $97 Our Separation Property Settlement Kit includes:
- the Separation Agreement template – written in plain English;
- a Comprehensive User’s Guide which answers most property settlement questions;
- access to the Exclusive Members area which takes you through the process step-by-step;
- Sample agreement – so you know what the completed agreement should look like;
- Sample clauses – help you to tailor the document to your own situation – just cut and paste!;
- a Bonus Will kit because you often need to update your Will after separation.
- Complimentary Separation Agreement assessment – we check your draft agreement to ensure it’s ready for the lawyers and the mandatory Legal Advice. This is how we save you thousands of dollars in legal fees.
- Access to fixed price Legal Advice so you can get your agreement certified without spending a fortune.
This is what the Agreement template looks like
Come on let’s take the first step together, click here to get started